Sunday, April 18, 2010

tooth fairy fail

Well, the uhaul is loaded and I'm heading out Tuesday morning for my first journey back to Sioux Falls. I packed up the last two weeks and had some incredible friends come over put my whole life in that box truck. To think I moved here in my car, there wasn't room for one more thing!

In packing my bedroom up I was folding clothes and cleaning out under the bed. I found a bag of quarters. I thought to myself, wow strange place to find quarters. Though, if you've never heard- many 'brown people' store important items under the mattress. If you're laying on it nobody can get it right. However, this was not the case with the bag of quarters. I thought for a minute and suddenly remembered a sleepover with three sweet girls- Ashley, Angel and Krissie.

Ashley had lost her tooth during the day and we had had many conversations about the tooth fairy coming. I felt so much pressure, I had never been the tooth fairy before. But, I do remember the tooth fairy visiting my sleepy head and real or not- it was a big deal. So, I let them go to sleep (i.e. waited as long as I could before I feel asleep) and tip toed upstairs to deliver the goods. They were all snoring and all piled on top of each other as usual so I thought I was safe. I deposited the bag under her pillow and whipped out my wings and flew away. Ashley didn't say anything the next morning but I certainly couldn't bring it up, worried my wings might show.

Well, Ashley didn't bring it up, because Ashley didn't get it. That lonely bag of quarters didn't quite make a little girls day and I threw it in another box and taped it up hoping her hopes and dreams were dashed that morning. Someday, I hope to be able to apologize to Ash for my tooth fairy fail and somehow maybe restore her hopes in the tooth fairy!

See you Wednesday Sioux Falls friends!!!

1 comment:

  1. The tooth fairy might not have arrived as expected love but your gift to those little ones goes beyond fantasy and imagination. Love doesn't fail.

    Wish I could have been there to welcome you into Sioux Falls' waiting arms. Guess I'll have to leave that to the many lovely citizens of our dear hometown.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete