Thursday, August 20, 2009

oatmeal w/ brown sugar, 11.3 miles


I've shared with several of you the love of oatmeal in my home. Like I've mentioned before I have a pretty regular crowd that meets me on my porch step as the Red Bonnie makes it's way home from work. Sometimes I send them away for a half hour of sanity, sometimes I don't. But, almost everytime after a few rounds of badminton or chalk tic-tac-toes the word oatmeal pops into the minds of many and is quickly requested. Last year I made pancakes, all the time. This year, our snack of choice: OATMEAL. Now, when I mean they like oatmeal, they only like it just the right consistency (which I've thankfully mastered) and with a more than a few sprinkles of brown sugar. The picture above is just ROUND 1 of the oatmeal extravaganza for the night. I met some new boys tonight. They're from the football crowd and are often too tough to knock on the porch door. But, the smell of brown sugar in the air and they were immediately enticed in. The funny thing, though, is we had to wait til the first group was done because I ran out of spoons and bowls. Luckily, they were patient and kind and I got to get to know of these not-so-tough afterall boys. I am blessed to call my home this little spot on Auburn. I am so blessed to play my little heart out any night of the week and love on these kids. I love them dearly!



Secondly, in all of my spare time, two of my co-workers and I ran a relay triathlon. Cynthia swam .5 mile, Khalid ran 3.1 miles, and I biked 11.3 miles. Of the two relay teams, we finished first :). We raised money for our school at CM and had a blast doing it. Watch out, Team City Mission is coming back for more next year. (Notice I said TEAM, I have no intentions of doing this on my own, ever. It just doesn't look enjoyable!)

No comments:

Post a Comment