Friday, October 16, 2009

Girls Night!

Picture this: 6 junior high girls, Miss Jessi, one small house, brownies, pizza, cookie dough, movies, music, dancing, crafting, and just a little bit of sleep.

Yep, that's what it was. Girls night at Miss Jessi's house. We spent the night laughing and dancing and eating enough for three days. All the mentoring girls were invited over for a pre night of fun before the big event the Girls Matter conference on Saturday. They slept little, I slept much (fortunately, I can sleep through anything!). But, come 7:00 on Saturday morning we were moving much more slowly than the dance moves I saw the night before. (For those of you are worried after hearing about my dance abilities at the gym, do not worry I restrained my urge to dance throughout the evening...yeah right)


We had to be out the door by 7:45 to pick up the rest of the neighborhood girls to head out to Novi for the conference. The conference was a day all about girls and empowerment. The keynote speaker reminded us that the way we play games is the way we live life. We had a blast with her and were inspired to wake up each day and remind ourselves, "I am beautiful, I am smart, I am legendary..." and so on.

Though we were sleepy from the previous nights fesitivies but the weekend was a success and there were so many beautiful moments shared with these incredible young ladies.

Stay tuned for girls night #2- if I'm really that brave!
(I hope my youth pastors wives are reading this...I've been repaid for all those hours....late at night...well worth it though, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment