Wednesday, October 21, 2009

You so gangsta

Three afternoons a week I host a time where kids can come and do homework. Not the most popular of the events we have but some students are taking advantage of it. The other day I had two that needed to be in seperate rooms from each other. So, I placed them in the oh so creatively named red room and orange room (due to the fabulous paint colors, clever huh?). So I was doing a little geomtry and went back to check on Brandon in the orange room.

Miss Jessi: You doing ok Brandon?
B: yep, I'm almost finished reading this and then need to do this questions
Miss J: Alright, I'll be right back in but if you need help holler at me
B: aaaahhhh dog, Miss Jessi, you so gansta you said HOLLA
Miss J: (laughter) right, so gansta
(as I left the room)
B: Miss Jessi is a gansta

I then removed myself to laugh even harder because it's like laughing at a baby when they do something wrong. Especially as I was setting such a great example and being gangsta, ha.

But, reality is- I think that's a South Dakota thing? Anyone? My roots have come out loud and clear and little did I know they would make me the coolest homework helper around, the gangsta.

No comments:

Post a Comment