Friday, December 18, 2009

the fabulous feast

Yet again one of these hustle and bustle events has blown my mind. We had our first ever fabulous feast last night. We were offereing FREE prime rib, green bean casserole, cheesy potatoes and more. Our first reaction was hopefully people will come. But, boy did they. They came by the hundreds...like 200.




This is the first wave of diners - we had a whole group that had to wait in the sanctuary for their turn.

After I kept the crowds calmed and turned an older gentleman down that proclaimed to me...'you sexy' (that's a story in itself). I found a seat at Tomika Clark's table. Tomika's son, Cody, was my special project child my first year here and we created a bond...a trust...that's unexplainable. I sat with her and her children and her sister and felt like I was eating Christmas dinner with my family. We laughed, we joked, she told stories and shared her heart on how much she misses her fiance who is incarcerated. These events have turned out to be so beautiful.

It was truly a fabulous feast. After all the prime rib was gone and the coats and hats given away we locked the door and went back to work at our real job (Santa's workshop) but I felt so blessed to have had that precious time with the Clark family.

Sweet sweet life I live, sweet life.

No comments:

Post a Comment