Friday, January 29, 2010

bubble gum and cameras

1. I went to the most beautiful of weddings last weekend in Minneapolis...well Red Wing. My beautiful cousin Becca married the marvelous Charlie ...finally! It was a fabulous event, despite the rain in MN in January (WEIRD) and so fun to be with all of my family as well. One bonus of her reception..right along the river..was this huge candy buffet she had. Tall glass jars filled with brightly colored candies and my grandma's homemade carmels (of which she individuall wrapped 300 of, wow). At the end of it all I went back to my aunt and uncles waiting to fly out the next morning. My aunt had a box of bubblegum leftover from those tall glass jars that she thought I could take back to school for the kids. Well, i have a little confession here. It didn't make to to the school before it was dominated. After mentoring last night one of the girls I was bringing home stopped at my house for awhile and while we watched the movie Management we managed to eat about 40 gumballs. Now, let me explain this process:
1. carefully choose color of gumball (red is the best)
2. kill your jaw and gnaw on it to get it real soft
3. eat it for about a minute and suck all the flavor and softness out of it
4. spit it out in the envelope from the junk mail on your chair
5. repeat process carefully choosing a new color for new exciting flavor.
Yep, that's what we did. For at least a good 45 minutes and 40 gumballs later...those gumballs for the kiddos- they're gone. But, boy was it hilarious and rather enjoyable as well :).

2. Somehow at my job I have become the camera person. People always ask me where the camera is, where a particular photo from December 6th, 2006 (which mind you, Detroit wasn't even a thought in my mind at that point!), and how to upload the 400 pictures from the Christmas events on to the computer. I dont' mind this job- infact it's quite easy and i can easily impress people. I just think it's funny...as I wouldn't consider myself the most technical of people...but i have been unofficially declared the camera person at CM. So, if you have a photograph or camera need...apparently you need to see me.

p.s. my jaw hurts so bad this morning!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment