Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Picture update

Some pictures for your viewing pleasure.. (starting with now and going backwards, oops :)

St. Patricks's Day fun with some of my students. I told them all to wear green and then I forgot so baby room blanket to the rescue. They told me I looked like the King of Libya. What?! I love me a holiday celebration! (We made rainbow cupcakes)





Above: after months of painful practicing and memorizing of multiplication facts the kids earned a trip to the indoor inflatable jumping place. They had a blast. It's a great place!
<--- That kid kills me. He's a fine young man and deserved all the celebrating for the day of his birth. By his request we had another fabulous Karen ice cream cake and then also made churros (thanks fo the fabulous Rhonda)
Below: bowling. For Cindy's birthday she wanted to go to bowling. I won't tell you who seriously got a score of 6, despite the score still had a ball :). Always fun to go on field trips with these 'angels'. Shoutout to Jimmy at Eastway for hooking us up!




Cindy's birthday cake request: a tie-dye cake. Probably the most hideous cake I have ever made. I seriously considered throwing it away though time would not allow! Her immediate remark, "That is the sweetest cake I have ever seen". See why I love them!


Valentine's Day-another reason to celebrate (and pull out the streamers right Brian!?). We had heart shaped pizza and white cherry hot chocolate with strawberry dipped marshmallows all through a swirly straw. The marshmallows are still stuck in the swirly straw, yum. These kids seriously love hot chocolate.











<-- again, this boy- kills me. This is Carlos he's 1+ and the happiest baby you'll ever meet. His mom is one of my students (and one of the hippest moms ever) and also my neighbor. I couldn't have moved into a more perfect location. She walked across the street last night to deliver some fabulous Mexican treats. This was at the Valentine's Day party, hence the heart necklace. My he's quite talented don't you think. I smile so big thinking of this family :)








Posts to come: Meldrum soccer league, coming soon! Words (still) Travel (life at the jail)
Happ Wednesday!

1 comment: