Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ticking time bomb work bag

Let's just put this out there, it's been a long long time again. I have some fabulous pictures of things that have gone on that I hope to post soon. I have been having F-U-N!! I read a quote recently that went something like this, "Those living a full life are too busy to write about it" ...I blame that one this time!

But this morning, I bring you the first edition of "what's in the work bag". I thought of this this morning as I got in my car and my bag sounded as if it were going to explode and here's why...

-Catchphrase. You kno the electronic one that beeps really fast and then buzzes cause you lose. Well, I put it in my bag this morning and hope to give it a run with my adult English students. We played Scategories (my ALL TIME FAVORITE) last week and they loved it. This may prove a little more difficult, but what great vocabulary practice right?!

-A dead fish. Yep, you read that. We've recently started a new adventure of a giant fish tank at my house one of the girls gave us. It used to be nice and peaceful sounding like a waterfall, now I have to unplug it sometimes in the evenings- especially during the bachelor. We started with three fish- lost two. Then added 4 more plus one snail (which I love), and lost 1. Well, after calling the fish store as it was D.O.A. they said bring in the body we'll give you a new one. I had already flushed it- I'm such a rookie at this game. So, they made an exception for the rookie and new fish #4 fell to the fate of the filter and was discovered sucked to it at tutoring yesterday. After shrieks and lots of disgustingness we fished (ha) it out, well as much of the body that didn't fall apart and put it in a bag and into the work bag it went this morning so the rookie gains a few points with the pet store and receives a new fish. Let's hope 3rd times a charm and this one stays alive.

-400 Farm Bureau Financial business cards. One of my dear friends is a relentless salesman (jk :) and wanted to be sure to offer my students and families I work with proper coverage if needed. This may have caused some competition to another dear friend that works there as we refer to each other as 'first friends' and therefore he thinks he has dibs on my people. However, his 400 business cards have not found there way into my work bag...hmmmm

-An apple and two oranges. This is a neccesity as if I come unprepared I will fall prey to a large bag of pretzel M&M's or sugar cookies from the cookie jar. I blame this all on Emily. Therefore, fruit in the work bag at all times. (however, sometimes fruit and the cookie jar occur simultaneously, but ya only live once!!)

-Froot loops, green construction paper, scissors and glue. To make a shamrock of course. It's St. Patricks' Day season and if you know me I love all things holiday so I pass that on to the little people in my life. Rainbows and shamrocks, just puts a smile on your face

-Files, binders, papers all the normal things that keep me on my toes and satisfy the Type A side of me that loves to make lists, organize, email and be partly administrative.

And there you have it...just a day in the life of what leaves with me in the morning for a day of adventures around Sioux Falls.

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment