Thursday, June 18, 2009

june 18th, what?

WOW, I can't believe it's the middle of June already. I've been a million places, done a million things, and still have a smile on my face!

My three days in Harlem were awesome. I was blown away by this organization that we visisted. But, also encouraged that we are doing lots of things right and can definitely learn some things from them as well. We were very tired and saturated with information by the time we left. But, it was perfect timing as I really try and get my head around this new position leading programs. So far, so good.

Then I flew straight from NYC to Sioux Falls and had a perfect quick visit. I picked a great weekend and got to be a part of so many things. A proposal, cd release party, a wedding, coffee dates, goodbye to the Swarts and saw all the girlfriends!, celebration for Richie and Al, old friends, camp fires and so much more. It was great to be home. Not to forget just spending time sleeping in and being with my family. My sister bought a house too!!!! It was so fun to be home to see it and be with her for such an exciting thing (it's furnished too, what?!)

Then right back at work at 8 AM the next morning. Two summer interns arrived to help me out and camps began Monday morning! Just the three days we've had so far have been awesome. Anyone that knows me or remembers high school I love to be busy and I love to do a lot of things at one time. Well, I found the right job for that! We had two camps running yesterday. One from Dana's basement as it was supposed to be outside and it rained. But, God is good and we had a great day and saw lots of smiles and heard lots of laughs. The kids are having a great time. We have another week of camp next week and then I leave with the kids for a week of camp in Grand Rapids. They can't stop talking about it!

I'll add some pictures at the end of the week. Not that the week really ends. But, I absolutely love my job. I enjoy coming to work every day and love being a part of this life here at City Mission. It's a great feeling!!

Hope you are all well! Enjoy the sun!

1 comment:

  1. It was good to see you- glad to hear that the summer is going well.

    ReplyDelete